Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

B200M2 freezing issue

Is anyone aware of an issue where any given B200 M2 becomes hung - it cannot be pinged, cannot be accessed via KVM and is totally unresponsive. It is running Redhat 5.4.

Neither OS logs, UCS events nor tech-support files show that the server was hung for a given period of time. The customer has cold booted the server, after which it is operating normally.

7 Replies 7

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Naleendra,

I guess is a bare metal installation, how much memory RAM is on the server?

Can you ping the OS IP address?

If you connect to the server with a dongle cable, can you confirm the server is hunging?

-Kenny

Hello Kenny,

Yes, it is running Redhat 5.4 on baremetal.

It has 32GB Memory.

the customer couldn't ping the OS IP as well.

The customer has not tried to connect to the blade directly with the dongle cable.

When I contacted TAC about a similar issue with a B200 M2 blade, they ended up replacing the Mezzanine Card in the blade and the issue has not reared its head since. 

The Server would lock up and had to to reset and then it would work again for a few days and lock up again for no reason and show no errors in UCS Manager.

Scott - Can you give me the last 4 digits of that SR?  I'd like to have a look at it.

Thanks,

Robert

Naleendra,

Sorry for the late reply on this one.

-Who has checked UCS to make sure that it has no information about this? Was there any TAC case opened?

-Also, during the time the blade is frozen, can you see any error message in UCSM?

-When the blade hangs, do you know if it is being subject of a high load? or this happens at random times no matter what is running on the blade?

-Kenny

Hi Kenny,

1-  I did the checking. I have the tech-supports with me.

2- I wasn't there when this freezing happened. It was ustomer's experience. No TAC case opened yet, due to cusotmer not doing so - (it is under smartnet )

3- This is a DB server which has a fair load.

Thanks and Regards,

Naleendra

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card