Views
Helpful
Replies

BE6M-M5 firmware

dan.letkeman
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade the firmware on some BE6M-M5 servers.  From what I understand, these are c220 m5 servers, but trying to apply the firmware regardless of the version results in a soft lockup as seen in the image.  Any ideas what is wrong?  Is there a different firmware for these?

firmware.png

Thanks,

Dan.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You might be able to go to the PCI-E/LOM settings in CIMC /advanced BIOS settings, and set the link speed (for that PCI-E slot the qlogic card is in) to 'disabled', as opposed to temporarily removing the cards.

After a reboot, then the HUU should complete successfully, after which you can re-enable the link speed (to what ever speed it was before i.e. gen 2, gen 3, etc)

Kirk...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Have seen some similar messages when Qlogic/FC adapters were present during HUU upgrade attempt.

Can you confirm what adapters/PCI-E cards are present?

Kirk...

Wow, I wouldn't have thought of that.  I do have a Qlogic QLE2692 in those servers.  Just disable it before the upgrade and re-enable after or is there a different solution?

You might be able to go to the PCI-E/LOM settings in CIMC /advanced BIOS settings, and set the link speed (for that PCI-E slot the qlogic card is in) to 'disabled', as opposed to temporarily removing the cards.

After a reboot, then the HUU should complete successfully, after which you can re-enable the link speed (to what ever speed it was before i.e. gen 2, gen 3, etc)

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card