cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BIOS update package for UCS C220M3 - Where to download from?

SAM MUNZANI
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a UCS 220M3 server where running ucs-c220-huu-3.0.1c.iso update-all corrupted my bios. Now it's unable to boot and asking me to recover using recovery.cap file on an USB flash stick root folder. I can't seem to find that file anywhere on the Cisco.com site. Can someone please point me to it?

I found following document as an instruction for the recovery however it doesn't tell me where to download the BIOS update package.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/hw/C220/install/C220/install.html#88948

On download page for UCS 220M3, I see following options and the BIOS update utility is not an option. Neither it seems to be embedded inside any other ISO files. Please help.

30 Replies 30

AndrewPiroli
Level 1
Level 1

The password for the C240 M3 is topspin@123cis@123co+  

It might be the same for others, but if it's not I found this by running getfw under strace like this:

sudo -i
cd /path/to/getfw_and_iso
mkdir temp
strace -f -e trace=execve ./getfw -s ucs240-huu-3.0.4p.iso -d temp 2>&1 | grep openssl

Replace the .iso with the one you need and in there you should see the exec call to openssl with the password as the option after -k

You can then simply recreate the openssl command to decrypt.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card