Views
Helpful
Replies

Boot from SAN issues

Jason Flory
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I just configured boot from SAN and installed my first OS (windows 2012 R2).  Now that the OS is installed I am starting to have network issues.  One thing I have noticed is that the event log says that both ISCSI nics are configure for DCHP and cannot get address.  I then checked the NICs and can see the configured IP from service profile in ipconfig but does not show in the nic configuration.  

After a reboot the IP address for one of the ISCSI nics completely disappeared and am now seeing the IP on the management nic.  If I look at NIC config in GUI it shows the right IP address but when I do ipconfig it shows the ISCSI IP and the management IP on the same NIC see pic.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. 

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Which UCS version ?

Is the vlan where you do your iSCSI boot the native vlan ?

according to 2.2.4a interop information:

Note 12: iSCSI Boot is supported. Both Appliance and Uplink ports are supported unless otherwise noted

Note 35: iSCSI boot with NIC Teaming is currently not supported. Reference CDET CSCul82285

We are on 2.2.3c

No Nic teaming is being used and no failover enabled

ISCSI vlan is native

I can connect with no problems, install OS with no problems, enable MPIO with no problems.  It is once the OS is installed I get the above issues. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card