cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't change boot order on CIMC UCS C220M3

Chris Terry
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco ISE appliance SNS-3415 that I am trying to boot into the HDD.

I don't see the HDD boot option in the CIMC boot order. It currently just boot loops after going through the Intel PXE Boot and Broadcom PXE Boot. I have a 600 GB HDD in slot 1 with valid Cisco ISE install. If i disable all onboard LOM ports it will boot into ISE, but that also disables the network port that is needed Gig 0. Any advice on how to get it to boot to HDD and not PXE?

Boot Order Boot Device Device Type Boot Policy
------------ ----------------------------------- --------------- --------------------
1 "UEFI: Built-in EFI Shell " EFI NonPolicyTarget
2 BRCM MBA Slot 0600 v7.4.1 PXE NonPolicyTarget
3 BRCM MBA Slot 0601 v7.4.1 PXE NonPolicyTarget
4 IBA GE Slot 0400 v1553 PXE NonPolicyTarget
5 IBA GE Slot 0401 v1553 PXE NonPolicyTarget

1 Reply 1

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the CIMC, BIOS , option ROM area, there should be an 'option' to disable the 'option ROM' for the LOM instead of disabling the whole LOM port.

Disabling the option ROM for the LOM port should just turn off the PXE boot portion.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/sw/gui/config/guide/3_1/b_Cisco_UCS_C-series_GUI_Configuration_Guide_31/b_Cisco_UCS_C-series_GUI_Configuration_Guide_31_chapter_0100.html#task_xs1_d4z_j1b

All Onboard LOM Oprom drop-down list

Whether Option ROM is available on all LOM ports. This can be one of the following:

• Disabled—Option ROM is disabled on all the ports.

• Enabled—Option ROM is enabled on all the ports.

Onboard LOM Port0 Oprom drop-down list

Whether Option ROM is available on the LOM port 0. This can be one of the following:

• Disabled—Option ROM is not available on LOM port 0.

• Enabled—Option ROM is available on LOM port 0.

Onboard LOM Port1 Oprom drop-down list

Whether Option ROM is available on the LOM port 1. This can be one of the following:

• Disabled—Option ROM is not available on LOM port 1.

• Enabled—Option ROM is available on LOM port 1.

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card