Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C Series Centralised Monitoring

LiamGP
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I come from mostly an HP and Dell server background, so I am familiar with using tools such as HP Systems Insight Manager and Dell Open Manage as well as tools installed locally on each server to manage RAID cards and system health etc.

What are the Cisco equivalents for this? We have 2 sites with only C series servers and I need a way to centrally monitor the hardware status of these servers. If this was HP I would use HP SIM and configure the agents, but I can't seem to find what the Cisco solution is.

So in summary, I would like to know...

1) How do you manage your Cisco server estate centrally (HP SIM equivalent etc)

2) How do you manage each Cisco server locally for troubleshooting etc (HP Systems Management Homepage & Insight agents equivalent)

Thanks

Liam

6 Replies 6

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

IMC Supervisor

see

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/servers-unified-computing/imc-supervisor-1-0/model.html

Walter.

Hi Walter,

Is there anything equivalent to HP system management home page for UCS C-240 servers to view system information within the server

The local CIMC IP web interface (if configured with IP/networking info) provides health and configuration status.

The CIMC is configured on the console via F8 keystroke during post.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Hi Kirk,

Thank you for the information. So I would assume there is no utility as
such like hp system management home page that can be installed on the os to
view the information. Is my understanding correct?
The app owner would like to see the system information like we see in hp
inside the os.

The CIMC provides it's own management page, and does not require drivers/management agents to be installed in the OS.

While this is 'different' than what the customer is used to, I would press the fact that you don't have to install agents, that consume CPU cycles and memory in the OS, and also will stay active even if the OS crashes, is shut down.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Thank you Kirk, this clarifies my question.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card