Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS 220 M5 Embedded NICs not working

Matthias28
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Cisco UCS C220 M5SX and in the CIMC the embedded 1/10G NICs are not detected. The same is also on VMWare ESXi 7.03 Cisco Image.
I have also added an i350 MLOM Card and the Card were only detected, if I set in the BIOS the Option "All Onboard LOM Ports" to Disabled instead of Enabled.
I also couldn't find any option to activate the embedded NICs.
When I plug in a network cable, then I see an activity on the NICs and the Switch also shows that there is a connection and also the arrow on the from on the Server is green blinking.
Is there maybe anything wrong with the Server why the embedded NIC isn't working or do I have to setup something additional?

Thank you.
Regards

3 Replies 3

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this UCS C220 M5 "integrated" into a UCS Fabric Interconnect?

If so, then that's expected and called out in the docs:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c-series_integration/ucsm4-0/b_C-Series-Integration_UCSM4-0/b_C-Series-Integration_UCSM4-0_chapter_01.html

The LOM ports on Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Servers integrated with Cisco UCS Manager are not managed by Cisco UCS Manager. 

The Cisco UCS C220 M5 isn't integrated to a UCS Fabric Interconnect. It is just connected to a normal Cisco WS-C3850-48U-E Switch.
I have attached also Screenshots with MLOM in the Name, were you can see the Settings were the MLOM Card is detected without the LOM Ports and also Screenshots with no_nic in the Name, were the MLOM Card isn't shown and also not the LOM Ports.
I have also reset the CIMC two times.

Maybe you can see something what is wrong.

Thank you.

Matthias28
Level 1
Level 1

The LOM Ports are now seems to be working an recognized by CIMC and also on ESXi, but the MLOM Card isn't recognized, if the LOM Ports are Enabled. If I disable the LOM Ports then the MLOM Card is working or is this a normal behaviour?

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card