Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS B200 M3 Local disk and RAID problem

Mate Grbavac
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have UCS system with Cisco B200 M3 servers. Each server has 2x Toshiba 300Gb HDD.

From the start, Service profile for server was configured with "Any Configuration" storage policy and Linux was installed on server.

Now, we want to install one OS to one HDD and second OS on second HDD. In BIOS I want to set up boot from first or second HDD. Local storage policy is set up as "No RAID".

My problem is that in BIOS I only see "(Bus 01 Dev 0) PCI RAID Adapter", I don't see any physical HDD and I can't select one of of HDD's for boot device.

Boot policy is set up for Local disk.

I tried to create Scrub policy, turn off RAID in BIOS policy (Onboard SCU Storage Suppoort disabled), change this, change that, but nothing.

Version od UCS Manager is 2.0(4b), BIOS version is B200M3.2.0.4a.0.

Can you please help me.

Best regards, Mate                 

1 Reply 1

Mate Grbavac
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I solved problem! :-)

With this confiuration (LSI MegaRAID SAS 2004 ROMB Storage Controller) you can not access to local disks in BIOS. After server boots you must enter to RAID Controller (Ctr+H) and then in controller configuration you must set boot disk.

Steps are here:

During server boot, after finishing BIOS procedure user must enter to RAID Controller Configuration Utility with “Ctrl+H” keyboard shortcut. After that, steps for selecting boot disk are:

Select RAID Adapter and click “Start

At “Physical View” select boot disk (Disk from which want to boot system)

Select “Make Bootable Drive” and click “Go”Click “Home”Click “Exit

Select “Yes” and reboot server

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card