Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO UCS C220M5 NOT RECOGNIZE Cisco 12G Modular Raid Controller with 2GB cache

djibrilcamara
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco Community,

I am facing with a problem on Cisco UCS C220 M5 SX since many days. The Cisco 12G Modular Raid Controller is not recognized by the BIOS so I cannot be able to install Windows OS on the virtual drive that I have created. I have updated the server BIOS and BMC firware at version 4.0(1a) with no success.

Can anyone help me on this issue.

Many thanks in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Please confirm the 12Gb raid controller is firmly seated in it's slot, see https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/hw/C220M5/install/C220M5/C220M5_chapter_010.html

12gbraidmlom.JPG

Please check the CIMC, bios, advanced, and confirm in the OptionROM/PCIE speed setting that the 12Gb Mlom card slot is enabled, and if the card shows up in PCIE device list.

If you go into the BIOS setup (F2), under advanced menu, see if there is a UEFI LSI config utility.

If you have 4Kn sector drives, the controller cannot use legacy bios mode, and requires UEFI.

Thanks,

Kirk.

View solution in original post

Hello, Finally We arrive to install Windows 2016 Server by using the driver LSI-FORCED-10X-64-MEGASAS3_7.702.12.00-DRP during the OS installation and using Legacy as BIOS mode.

Many thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Please confirm the 12Gb raid controller is firmly seated in it's slot, see https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/hw/C220M5/install/C220M5/C220M5_chapter_010.html

12gbraidmlom.JPG

Please check the CIMC, bios, advanced, and confirm in the OptionROM/PCIE speed setting that the 12Gb Mlom card slot is enabled, and if the card shows up in PCIE device list.

If you go into the BIOS setup (F2), under advanced menu, see if there is a UEFI LSI config utility.

If you have 4Kn sector drives, the controller cannot use legacy bios mode, and requires UEFI.

Thanks,

Kirk.

Hello, Finally We arrive to install Windows 2016 Server by using the driver LSI-FORCED-10X-64-MEGASAS3_7.702.12.00-DRP during the OS installation and using Legacy as BIOS mode.

Many thanks for your help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card