cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration error while pasrsing HyperFlex

Egor Kovalev
Level 1
Level 1

After moving my hyperflex - one node get a error. Have you any idea? i try to recover server (wizard), but it not result

Новый точечный рисунок.bmp

12 Replies 12

Egor Kovalev
Level 1
Level 1

Новый точечный рисунок (2).bmp

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What PID/generation Hyperflex server is this?

If M4 then this could be a Flexflash / SD Card issue which are installed in pairs, try removing one to see if it boots from the other.
If it is M5 then double check that the internal M.2 boot drive didn't come loose during transport.

See the install guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/hyperconverged_systems/HX_series/HX240c_M5/HX240c_M5/HX240c_M5_chapter_010.html#task_acj_gzw_hz

It is m4. I tried unplug and plug back 2 SD card. It is no result.

Egor Kovalev
Level 1
Level 1

i dismount one SD card and get new error

Новый точечный рисунок (2).bmp

Egor Kovalev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone i am tring to fix my node. And now i have 2 new SD card from other server. I install its. After recovery i get new error. Now when server start it always start bios if i try exit it start bios again. Endless. Have you any idea?

Egor Kovalev
Level 1
Level 1

i am moving on. I reseted CIMS and CMOS and format SD config over HX web console and re-acknowleadge but now it is on started Новый точечный рисунок.bmp

If you reformatted the SD cards, then they are blank, and why you are getting the non-bootable error.

If you have a support contract, please open a TAC case, and they will direct you to boot the Hyperflex customized ESXi ISO (with closest VMware version you are running on your other nodes).

Once the node is 'factory prepped' from the ISO, you will then need to use the matching Hyperflex installer .ova/guestVM for a custom install process that will configure ESXi and the storage controller running on it.

TAC will need to run a specific workflow in order fully bring the node back into the cluster.

Kirk...

Thx Kirk. My support expiried It is the reason why i use forum but not TAC. Now i take SD card from another node and i'm gonna start from it. After i gonna replicate with using FleshFlex

Egor Kovalev
Level 1
Level 1

Now i am statrting to undestand my problem. Re-acknowledge doesnt reinstall ESXi on SD card. Somebody know how reinstall esxi and doesn lost data?

Egor Kovalev
Level 1
Level 1

I am exhausted figth vs this node. Now i lost FlexFlash from boot order.Новый точечный рисунок.bmp

If you have the original SD cards and did NOT format those, then you may be able to recover:

shift+R on boot to boot from the "other" bootbank

If you have wiped/formatted the SD cards, then I don't think you can get this recovered without the help of TAC.

You can reinstall ESXi (using HX .iso from cisco.com).

And redeploy the HX SCVM (using HX installer from cisco.com).

But adding that node back into the cluster takes manual steps and these details are not public. . . Hence the need for a TAC case.

I'd work with either your account team or TAC front line to get a one-time exception to get a TAC case open as that's really the only path forward.

Egor Kovalev
Level 1
Level 1

I cound start node with use SD from other node,

but it had same ESXI managment ip address, after i tried change IP (press F2 and etc) but new(old) IP is unreachable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card