Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect to a CIMC of a UCS blade

philippe.bosle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi togheter,

we are having a UCS environment (firmware 1.4j) with 6 chassis. It is all configured and already operatable. It is configured that a service profile gets his managment ip pooled and the same belongs to the CIMC ip. All blades get their ip with no problems. But when I want to connect to a CIMC ip via browser (http://CIMC-ip) I get no answer. I am able to ping the CIMC ip and I am able to connect via ssh to the ip but there I have no idea about the username/password.

Has anyone an idea where the problem is located?

Kind regards

Philippe Bosle

4 Replies 4

Mathew Lewit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you confirm if you can connect to the mgmt ip address of both Fabric Interconnects?

Can you ssh to both Fabric Interconnects IP addresses without an issue?   Not the Virtual IP address.

If so, this can also happen if this IP address is already in use (KVM IP).   You will want to confirm that you do not have overlapping IP address between KVM and something else on your network.

Sorry for my late answer, I've worked one week for another company.

I can confirm that I can connect to the mgmt ip adress of the FIs.

I eigther can confirm that I am able to connect to both mgmt ips over ssh.

Overlapping ip adresses is not possible, because it is a relatively new network and the UCS mgmgt pool has its own (unique) subnet.

Kind regards

Philippe Bosle

because it is a relatively new network and the UCS mgmgt pool has its own (unique) subnet.

...but remember, the mgmt IP's for the KVM mgmt must be on the same subnet as the FI's, that statement above would make me think you have the mgmt IP's and the FI IP's on different subnets.

Just an observation, but I am sure you have this correct.

Sorry for posting to this old thread, don't know what the posting rules are...we are running into a similar issue on two different UCS chassis setup.

The FI and mgmt pool are in the same subnet.

I can ssh into the Fab mgmt vip, FabA & FabB.  The KVM console to the blade works, but I can't access the blade CIMC via the browser.  How can I check my configuration and troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks in advance,

-- prasad

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card