Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

encs no vga output

I'm not getting any VGA or console output for the bios on several ENCS5412/K9. Once in a while I do get output but it takes literally over a half hour. I have several of them and they all do the same thing.

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The issue you are describing is a known problem with the ENCS5412/K9. The BIOS on these devices can sometimes take a long time to initialize, and in some cases, it may not initialize at all. There are a few things you can try to fix this problem:

Make sure that the BIOS is up to date. The latest BIOS for the ENCS5412/K9 can be found on the Cisco website.
Try resetting the BIOS to factory defaults. To do this, press and hold the Mode button while you power on the device.
If you are still having problems, you can contact Cisco support for further assistance.
Here are some additional troubleshooting tips that may help:

Make sure that the VGA cable is properly connected to the device and to the monitor.
Try using a different VGA cable.
Try connecting the device to a different monitor.
Try changing the BIOS settings to use a different video output mode.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card