cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EOL-EOS for UCSB-5108-AC2 Chassis with UCS-IOM-2408

jim-bastyr
Level 1
Level 1

What are the End of Life and End of Sale dates for the UCSB-5108-AC2 Chassis with UCS-IOM-2408.  I find this link End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Select Cisco UCS Bundles - Cisco showing the following 

Milestone

Definition

Date

End-of-Life Announcement Date

The date the document that announces the end-of-sale and end-of-life of a product is distributed to the general public.

August 5, 2020

End-of-Sale Date:
HW

The last date to order the product through Cisco point-of-sale mechanisms. The product is no longer for sale after this date.

September 5, 2020

Last Ship Date:
HW

The last-possible ship date that can be requested of Cisco and/or its contract manufacturers. Actual ship date is dependent on lead time.

December 5, 2020

This appears to be for the UCSB-5108-AC2 Chassis with UCS-IOM-2208.  

I know the end of sale for the UCSB-5108-AC2 Chassis with UCS-IOM-2408 was not December 5, 2020 because we ordered them in December 2023 and received delivery in January 2024.

1 Reply 1

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no End-of-Support notice for the UCS 5108 chassis nor the UCS 2408 IOM (yet).

The link you posted is the End-of-Sale for some bundles.

Looks like some EoL notices were released / were updated today (2024 Aug 5):

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/servers-unified-computing/ucs-b-series-blade-servers/eos-eol-notice-listing.html

My quick review of these pages it seems like the 5108 with DC PSUs (probably only ISP who use DC PSUs) was announced. But even those are still supported through 2030.
Also UCS-mini bundles and S3260 storage server bundles are now End-of-Sale announced (not end-of-support).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card