Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Export\Import Bios Profile

Hi,

I am trying to export, and then import Bios profile from UCS 240 to UCS 240.

I created Hardware Bios policy, but can't directly apply it to the other server due to me not having advanced license.

No worries - There is export button, which gives you option to copy either XML or Encoded XML settings via copy\paste.

Fine, I copied, and tried to upload to UCS - file must be smaller than 10KB (What a bright idea!). Ok, so there is an option to upload it via FTP - that finally worked, but I get "validation failed - unable to parse the BIOS token profile".

This is like a THE WORST BIOS import mechanism in the history of all import mechanisms.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Looks like it's time to call TAC.

Sorry.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Rick1776
Level 5
Level 5
Are you doing this through the CIMC or GUI scope commands?

Via GUI (web interfaces)

Try via the CLI with the link I just list in my previous post.

After rather bumpy ride I manged to connect to CLI (Avoid SOL as a plague). Which command should I use to upload XML configuration?

This link lead to UPGRADE BIOS, not UPLOAD Bios profile.

No matter - it was INSTALL command. And it is not working - I get  Validation failed error anyway.

Looks like it's time to call TAC.

Sorry.

And this is what I did :)

So far they don't seems to be able to grasp what the problem is (I will spare you the details), but I suppose that it is either a bug, or some mistake in my "methodology" :)

Hi,

Just for reference Cisco resolving teams were able to help me to find solution.

1. You CAN'T Export profile from IMC Supervisor and import it to CIMC. It will not work like that.

2. Quick, and efficient guide how to do it is here https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-75985.

Thanks for sharing.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card