cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

F8 DOES NOT bring up BIOS NOT coming up on UCS C200 M2 Server

Texmansru47
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UCS C200 M2 server at my house.  It runs CENTOS7 presently but migrating to Rocky 9 soon.  I have an systems alert flashing and I get the 18 beeps.  However, I cannot get in to CIMC via the IP because it seems to either be the wrong one or just not working.  When I try to reboot and hit the F8 key to get to the bios I don't get that option.  It goes from the Hardware/memory checks to loading the OS.  Is there ANYTHING I can do get to back to the CIMC option?  I do Have a KVM console cable but for some reason it is not pulling up the console... so I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I just removed the CMOS battery for an hour to see if that would help... the CIMC is not reachable since IP I guess it is the wrong IP.  This is a real pain.  I need help and there no one seems to know what to do!  Any feedback would be helpful!

3 Replies 3

Texmansru47
Level 1
Level 1

Seriously?  A server from Cisco and no one can figure out a means for me to get to the CMOS without the IP address for the CIMC card, or the F8 function not working after the hardware check.  I get NO CMOS screen or splash screen.. straight to the OS.  COME ON Guys... Techs at Cisco... you have to have a backdoor to get the CMOS working again?  If not your servers are crap... sorry but come on.. This is nuts.

- Ok, but you are not on a official support channel here (the forums are populated  by customers mainly) 
    contact Cisco's TAC

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

For context, you have a 12/13 year old server that is still booting to an OS.

F2 should be the BIOS setup keystroke.

m2 jumpers.jpg

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card