Fault shows in Fault Summary, but not in list of Faults

David Duwe
Level 1
Level 1

Here's my persistent fault (Severity=Warning) in Fault Summary:

Fault_summ.png

Here's what I get when I click on the green triangle icon in the Fault Summary:

fault_list.jpg

I get nothing.  So I can't address the fault.

It shows up under the associated Service Profile as well.  I have tried dis-associating/re-associating the profile.  I have tried Recover Server.  The situation is the same even when another user on another PC checks it from his UCS Manager.  The same problem exists on 7 other blades of the same model.  All blades are new B200-M3.  Please let me know how I can address the underlying issue (if any).  Or if not; how can I remove this fault.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello David,

Looks like system is running into known issue

CSCud94255 which is duped to CSCud79598

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCud79598

As a work around, please try the following

SSH into FI

connect local-mgmt

cluster lead b     ( where FI B is acting secondary )

HTH

Padma

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello David,

Looks like system is running into known issue

CSCud94255 which is duped to CSCud79598

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCud79598

As a work around, please try the following

SSH into FI

connect local-mgmt

cluster lead b     ( where FI B is acting secondary )

HTH

Padma

varbalak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Suppose you have a server which is associated with a service profile and you are on the server properties screen. The fault summary on this screen will reflect the faults on service profile too. Can you check the faults table on the associated service profile. Try to clear the fault on service profile and then re-check server screen. This is just a possibility and may not be the solution for your problem.

David Duwe
Level 1
Level 1

My system did run into the known issue as you suspected.  The workaround reset the Fault Summary to all zeros and cleared up the problem.  After I changed the cluster lead to Fabric Interconnect-B, I flipped it it back to A and the faults were still all zeros.  Thank you very much for your help!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card