Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FC-SFP-VALIDATION FAILED

Hello All,

facing a sfp port validation failed issue on the Cisco ucs FI 6324 fabric interconnect. we tried to inserting sfp (DS-SFP-FC8G-SW) into the port number 3 or 4 on the fabric interconnect and we immediately see " ether port 1/3 on fabric interconnect A oper state: failed, reason SFP validation failed"

request you to let me know if anyone has solution for this

Thanks

Basavaraj

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Like Walter mentioned, you probably are inserting a FC style SFP into an Ethernet configured port.

You mentioned FCOE uplink, which is still Ethernet.  You will need to configure this as an FC uplink port to be able to use a native FC SFP like SFP-FC8G-SW.

Thanks,

Kirk...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you first configure the univeral port as native fibre channel ? you inserted a FC SFP in a Ethernet port !

Hello Walter,

I have inserted the sfp in the port number 3 of the FI and configured uplink fcoe port like that and after in the status i see this port validation failed.

do i have to configured first uplink fcoe port and then insert the sfp ?

thanks

Like Walter mentioned, you probably are inserting a FC style SFP into an Ethernet configured port.

You mentioned FCOE uplink, which is still Ethernet.  You will need to configure this as an FC uplink port to be able to use a native FC SFP like SFP-FC8G-SW.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card