cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I clear local disk missing faults in UCSM

JDMils
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few B200M4 blades showing errors such as "Local disk 3 missing on server  15/3" however all the servers have 2 local disks which have the "Local Disk Configuration Policy" set to RAID1 in the Service Profile. I have acknowledged the faults but they are still there. Do I have to do anything more to clear these?

3 Replies 3

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Might want to try rebooting the CIMC (server recovery, reboot CIMC), and see if it clears after that.

Was there anything specific occurring at the time the alerts first appeared (i.e. firmware upgrade, reboot, etc) ?

Kirk...

JDMils
Level 1
Level 1

Resetting the CIMC worked on one server (UCSB-B200-M5) but not on another (UCSB-B200-M4).

UCS has had a few "local disk missing" CDETs over the years (tried searching a bit but couldn't find any quickly).
Since this is saying "local disk 3" which doesn't physically exist on B200M4s, I'm fairly certain it's a firmware bug.
Try upgrading firmware to the latest greatest which your hardware supports and see if that resolves the false alarms.

Maybe decommissioning and recommissioning would allow UCSM to realize there is no disk 3 and clear the fault.

Finally found one old CDET

• CSCur02728 :: Suppress Local Disk Missing Error when there are no local disks expected 
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card