Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Cluster on Cisco UCS 6324 Fabric Interconnect

Dear, I am relatively new to the subject of UCS, I am trying to make a cluster between the 2 Cisco UCS 6324 Fabric Interconnect, in the documentation that I have found they always mention connecting L1 with L1 and L2 with L2, but this Fabric Interconnet model does not has these ports, how do I perform the physical connection and configuration of a cluster between these 2 UCS 6324 Fabric Interconnect?

Your help please

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for clarifying. In order to form HA between two 6324 they must be installed in the same chassis. You can still use the configuration outlined in your topology however you would need to setup separate UCS domains and you would have no failover or redundancy if one of the 6324 went offline.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

UCS 6324 (aka UCS mini) has these L1/L2 connections through the internals/backplane of the chassis and have no physical/external L1/L2.

Thank you for your prompt response, dear STEVEN TARDY, so if there is no physical connection, could you please tell me what configuration has to be done on these ports to enable the cluster

Are both of your 6324 powered up, online and running the same firmware version? There should not be much else to do in order for HA to be ready here.

Can you post some outputs of what you see and maybe we can assist further ?

To explain my physical connection a bit, perhaps it is not possible to cluster.

I have 2 UCS 5108 chassis, each one has only one UCS 6324 Fabric, both UCS 6324 are connected to a Nexus as shown in the attached image:

Thanks for clarifying. In order to form HA between two 6324 they must be installed in the same chassis. You can still use the configuration outlined in your topology however you would need to setup separate UCS domains and you would have no failover or redundancy if one of the 6324 went offline.

Thank you very much for your support, dear Wes Austin, this was my question, since it was clarified.
Cheers

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card