cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to find a serial number of a SD card in a UCS Server?

kiranraj
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone help me in locating the serial number of an SD card in a Cisco UCS Server (UCSB-B200-M4)?

I am aware that there are two SD cards in a UCS server, and although I can obtain the serial numbers of both SD cards in Cisco CCW-R, I cannot find them in any logs. I tried finding it in the UCSM bundle, chassis bundle, and UCSM_MGMT bundle. Well, I can find the serial numbers of CPUs, HDDs, DIMMs, fan trays, etc, but not the SD card. 

It is crucial for me to identify the specific SD card that has failed since I have previously submitted the incorrect part for RMA without that information. Any help is appreciated. 

2 Replies 2

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

UCSM / Equipment / Chassis 1 / Server 1 / Inventory / Storage / Controller / FlexFlash Controller 1

The bottom of the screen has an expandable section with a (+) FlexFlash Cards

The expandable section details the Serial.

Screenshot from my lab after expanding FlexFlash Cards section:

StevenTardy_0-1695991465114.png

kiranraj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Steven, 

Thank you for responding. This SN(screenshot) does not match with the SN mentioned in the CCW-R. Hence, how do we know which SD card is a fault one to perform the RMA? 

In DIMMs or HDDs, this is not the same case. The last 8 digits of the SN in the logs match with the SN in CCW-R. We can find the SN in the DIMM Inventory. 

Thank you, 

Kiran

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card