Views
Helpful
Replies

How to reset HX220c to rebuild vCenter

AlexFH
Level 1
Level 1

Hellow everyone, 

I have a 3-node lab environment set up and installed with ESXI 7.0.3 and a vCenter VM nested inside the first node.

There was a power shutdown, so i shutdown all the VMs and then shutdown the vCenter VM last. 

After the power maintenance, i see the PSOD when I power the first node back on. 

From the CIMC, 

I have tried to re-install using the ESXi "install-only" image from Cisco software, with the same version, same PSOD. 

I tried to re-install using the v8.0 "install-only" image, same PSOD, but showing the ESXi version 8.0 

I  tried to reset the CIMC, same PSOD. 

Would be grateful if anyone can have some pointers for me to re install the vCenter. I don't mind rebuilding my entire lab.

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-21 at 10.28.01_3df1083e.jpg

3 Replies 3

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does CIMC have "Secure boot" enabled or disabled?

Seems like VMware ESXi isn't able to validate "Secure boot".
https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere.security.doc/GUID-5D5EE0D1-2596-43D7-95C8-0B29733191D9.html

Enable "Secure boot" from CIMC/BIOS if disabled.

Heya Steven, 

Appreciate your time for replying!
Yeap thats the first thing i checked when i saw that vmware KB. 

Secure Boot is enabled yes. 
So i also tried to disable it, power cycle. 
Re-enable it, and power cycle again.
Still getting the same error message.

AlexFH_0-1700700493545.png

BrianSekleckiGE
Level 1
Level 1

maybe something causing the PKI/X.509 certificate of the signing root or intermediate CA to be invalidated? Is/Are the system BIOS clocks in the past before the EUFI code signing or way in the future?

In-fact, that's going to be my bonus research for the day: Does the Fabric Interconnect/UCSM support PTP and NTP time synchronization?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card