Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hyper Flex 220c M4

I am new in hyper flex and i don't know how i can connect it and install/configure ESIX , could you help me please.

I just could set IPV4 for CIMC which i don't know how i can connect to CIMC through my PC.

I know that my questions are very basic but this is first time for me to see this device.

Also i have experience with ESIX

1 Reply 1

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @afsanehrostami4684 ,

Step #1:  DO NOT CONNECT THE CIMC PORT TO ANYTHING. (Unless you are deploying Hyperflex Edge, which is a totally different story)

I've done about a dozen HX deployments for Cisco customers and partners.  The one that were the most trouble were when partners thought they knew what to do and connected the CIMC port of the HX nodes to an external switch of some sort - in one case meant I had to re-burn the BIOS.

The ESXi hosts use single cable connections - the single cable (10G or 40G) connects to the Fabric Interconnects (FIs), and during the installation process, IP addresses will be assigned to the CIMCs for KVM access via the FIs.

My suggestion is that you make sure you have completed your preparation and do a google search for my (RedNectar's) Hyperflex Pre-Install checklist rather than use Cisco's, there you will find diagrams that explain how the VLANs work and which IP address is used for what.

Also, make sure you get your hands on Cisco's HyperFlex Systems Installation Guide for VMware ESXi for the version you are installing (4.0 is the latest, but I have a feeling 4.0 doesn't support M4, so the link I've given above is for 3.5)

I hope this helps

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card