Views
Helpful
Replies

hyperflex and cisco ucs

Dragomir
Level 1
Level 1

I currently run Cisco ucs mostly B200M3/4 blades with backend nimblestporage

how does hyperflex fit into my existing environment if I want to scale? 

Do I keep buying Cisco UCS chassis and connect to my FI or can I use hyperflex?

3 Replies 3

Clifford Aldan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, tonywong123

HyperFlex is an HCI solution and consists of converged nodes and compute nodes

You scale HyperFlex by expanding on the number of converged and compute nodes 

Converged nodes provide storage, compute (CPU/RAM), and networking in the form of HXC220c and HXC240c servers (UCS C-series servers)

Compute nodes provide compute and networking in the form of B200 M4, C220 M4 and C240 M4 servers

Some notes about the compute nodes: 

- They do NOT add to the HX cluster's overall storage capacity

- They DO have access to the HX cluster's storage 

HyperFlex comes with its own set of FIs

More information is available at the Cisco HyperFlex HX-Series web page or reach out to your Cisco account manager for more information 

see also

http://blogs.cisco.com/datacenter/hyperflex-1-8-release-the-5-things-you-need-to-know

jkilleda
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Tony,

hyperflex and cisco ucs
Cisco HyperFlex delivers complete hyperconvergence. It combines the software-defined networking and computing power of Cisco UCS with the Cisco HyperFlex HX Data Platform.
HyperFlex is engineered on the Cisco UCS platform , Cisco HyperFlex systems include rack and blade servers built with Intel® Xeon® processor, The process uses Cisco UCS Manager service profile templates optimized for hyperconverged environments to help ensure rapid deployment and expansion.
Our fabric interconnects create a redundant dual network fabric that connects to Cisco UCS virtual interface cards (VICs) in server nodes.
We preconfigure Cisco UCS service profiles to automatically create the appropriate devices to support your cluster

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card