Level 1
Level 1

C480 M5 Rack Server

Firmware ver. 4.1(1d)

Two Intel X550-T2 cards added

PCI slots 8 and 9

In CIMC:

Option ROM in BIOS is Enabled on both slotsXT550-T

In Inventory NICs show up as Intel Network Controller but "Card not supported or option ROM disabled" in MAC address column.

Anything else to take a look at?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This misleading text has been raised as defect(s):

CSCvt31660 :: CIMC GUI reporting "Card Not Supported or option ROM disabled" in Network Adapters tab 

CSCvt29549 :: Offer hovertext for 'card not support' message in MAC address column of CIMC 

The card should fully function. This text was intended to convey the fact that the card is not managed/configured by CIMC but only inventoried by CIMC.

Does the OS see the NICs?

Are you trying to do something with the NICs which isn't working?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This misleading text has been raised as defect(s):

CSCvt31660 :: CIMC GUI reporting "Card Not Supported or option ROM disabled" in Network Adapters tab 

CSCvt29549 :: Offer hovertext for 'card not support' message in MAC address column of CIMC 

The card should fully function. This text was intended to convey the fact that the card is not managed/configured by CIMC but only inventoried by CIMC.

Does the OS see the NICs?

Are you trying to do something with the NICs which isn't working?

Steven,

First of all thanks for getting back to me so fast.

They actually do show up in ESXi/vSphere just fine.  Not connecting but that's probably me.

Now that I know this, I'll carefully double-check the settings in vSphere.

There IS one odd thing though.  I have two other C480 Rack Servers with the same two cards in other PCI slots and they show up just fine in CIMC.  But if the functionality is just fine, then I'm fine also.

Once again.  Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card