cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to set the hx manual WWPN, template binding status?

HyunJun Lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hx uses update template by default, is it okay to operate individually after unbind?

I want to configure WWPN in a manual way without using pool. However, this cannot be configured when the template is binded.

If I configure and operate wwpn by unbind, is there any problem such as firmware update afterwards?

Our environment is configuring hx c240 m5 all flash 5node.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

While not ideal, unbinding from the Service Profile Template shouldn't break anything off the top of my head.

The UCS Service Profile would still use the same Host Firmware Policy, so future firmware upgrades ought still upgrade servers which have a Service Profile unbound from the Service Profile Template.

The only thing I can think of is if HX Engineering updates the Service Profile Template (which doesn't happen often to my knowledge) then any changes/tweaks to that template wouldn't get pushed to your Service Profiles.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

While not ideal, unbinding from the Service Profile Template shouldn't break anything off the top of my head.

The UCS Service Profile would still use the same Host Firmware Policy, so future firmware upgrades ought still upgrade servers which have a Service Profile unbound from the Service Profile Template.

The only thing I can think of is if HX Engineering updates the Service Profile Template (which doesn't happen often to my knowledge) then any changes/tweaks to that template wouldn't get pushed to your Service Profiles.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card