Views
Helpful
Replies

iSCSI boot error ViC 1240 initialize error 1

Kassim Ismail
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have setup iSCSI booting on a new B200 M3 blade that has a ViC 1240. When the blade boots up & goes through the iSCSI boot, the "first" iSCSI boot option ROM is successful, but the second one shows the "initialize error 1" error. when i look at the "iscsi_get_config  "  on that blade/adapter, we see the following message:

"

for the vNic that works i see

State: ISCSI_TARGET_READY
 Prev State: ISCSI_TARGET_DISABLED
Target Error: ISCSI_TARGET_NO_ERROR

for the one that does not work i see

State: INVALID
Prev State: ISCSI_TARGET_GET_SESSION_INFO
Target Error: ISCSI_TARGET_GET_SESSION_STAT_ERROR

"

i cannot seem to find any info on the above error. Anyone got any pointers/suggestions on what i should be looking out for would be appreciated? i have setup a number of UCS systems & used the setup process & have never run into this.

We are running UCS firmware 2.2.3e

Thanks

Kass

5 Replies 5

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm not a UCS expert by no means, but we installed a UCS with B200 blades and the Mezzanine adapters needed to be removed before they would come up and work.

Not sure if this is relevant, since this is not my expertise, but here is a link that discusses a similar issue.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11573981/cisco-b200-m3-discovery-state-invalid-adaptor-iocard

Hope this helps...

Have a look at

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11621801/iscsi-boot-issue-vic1280

initialize error 1 looks like some config issue on the service profile. Please verify if you have entered all the require values correctly in the service profile. Double check IP address, IQN etc. -

Walter.

Hi Charles, Walter 

Thanks for the suggestions.

i resolved the issue & it was down to configuration on the storage side where we forgot to allow for multiple initiator access. 

Kass

What kind of Storage do you use ?

Could you check Boot Policy ?

I think iscsi vba couldn't find the Storage you want to use

Hi Kashima,

i have resolved the issue already, thanks for you suggestion. 

we use Nimble storage.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: