Views
Helpful
Replies

issue ucs c210 m2

JULIAN PINZON
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm having a problem creating a Raid 1 on my ucs c210 m2 in order to install esxi with redundancy, I installed the mezzanine card to support raid 1 with esxi, but i can't see my sata hard drives when i go to the lsi setup. Can anyone help me???

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Julian,

What model of RAID controller do you have?

You can also follow this guide for installation for additional setup considerations.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/sw/os/vmware/install/VMWARE-esxi-install.html

Regards,

Robert

Hello Robert,

First of all thanks for help me out with this issue, this is the situation as you know the ucs comes with a an Intel ICH10R onboard SATA controller on the motherboard which does not support the use of the integrated software RAID with the ICH10R controller in order to install esxi with redundancy. I did the installation of esxi 5 in both hard drives without any array to check that everything was working fine and the installation was successful, then I ordered the  LSI 1064-based controller mezzanine card. This card provides RAID 0, 1, and 1E support for up to four SAS or SATA drives in order to install esxi with redundancy, I installed the card on the board, when the ucs boot and I enter on the lsi setup I can't see my hard drives(2 Sata), thus I can't create the Raid 1.

What should I do in order to fix this issue???

Once again thanks for your help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card