Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues Facing after using Inband IP KVM

andyblada1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Gurus,

I am facing an unusual behavior in UCSM 4.0 (2b) while using inband KVM access. 

Everything working fine, Service Profiles are getting IP from Inband Pool. Accessible and KVM launch is also working.

IP Pool Size is of 16 IPs and 3 are used by Service Profiles which make sense.

Rest 13 assigned to below address, And i don't know what it is.  

sys/rack-unit-1/mgmt/iface-in-band/network/ipv4-pooled-addr

sys/chassis-1/blade-2/mgmt/iface-in-band/network/ipv4-pooled-addr

I want to use remaining 13 IPs to another service profiles. Refer attached screenshot for details.

How to get rid of them.

Cheers

Andy!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

Seems you are using "inband KVM mngmt" for the service profile because of that you are seeing these 13 new IP address assigned due to the 13 service profile.

If you wish to use only one IP address , please "set the KVM inband configuration" back to not set/None".

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

Seems you are using "inband KVM mngmt" for the service profile because of that you are seeing these 13 new IP address assigned due to the 13 service profile.

If you wish to use only one IP address , please "set the KVM inband configuration" back to not set/None".

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thank you Afroj!!

Remaining IP's was picked by CIMC of each server. So i went to each server >> Inventory >> CIMC

Then "Change In band IP Address" and set not set/None.

And it worked. Thanks a lot !!

Cheers 

Andy !!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card