cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

KVM console : after map drive and ctrl+alt+del does not see the drive present in virtual media

himadrel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI ,

I am using UCS C220M4L and trying to load ubuntu. I see after mapping to CVD/DVD connections resets and then ubnutu image not visible in CD/CVD and even the boot sequence does not show any dvd mapped drive. I tried changin the different java verssion based on different threads but did not resolve the issue. Pasting the screenshot. I just tarted with UCS and very much beginner .

S2.png

S1.png

S3.png

  

s4.png

s5.png

Question 1 : Am I using the correct ubuntu image (UCS version and ubuntu in the picture)?

Question 2 : I Followed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlxQaPWJFUA to make the RAID but unable to see Cisco kvm mapped vDVD for loading. May I know if there connection drop from the KVM console or is it not able to make/upload the file itself ? 

Based on the above data would you please help me to resolve this ?

This Video i will show you how to configure New UCS Server C series like remote vie CIMC, KVM, configure Raid, Mapping ISO into DVD KVM, Install ESXi customer CISCO IOS.
2 Replies 2

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From the screenshot the CIMC firmware is 2.0(13x) from 2016. . .

Modern browsers and old CIMC are often incompatible.

Get the latest firmware from:

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286281345/type/283850974/release/3.0(4r)

As you can't load a .iso via vMedia, you're in a catch 22.

Write the .iso to a USB drive and connect the USB drive and boot from the USB drive.

Alternately the CIMC and BIOS files can be extracted from the .iso image and uploaded directly to the CIMC Web GUI, but that is slightly more involved.

HI Steven,

Thanks for the reply!!

Due to COVID situation, no physical access available.

May I know if there anyway I can install the ubuntu hypervisor as that is my requirement? May I also know the Ubuntu file name I need to use (if not .iso) with this version and if there any link available to follow?

In worst case 

Thanks,

HImanshu

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card