Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

KVM console launch issue

Hi,

I am having a weird issue with KVM Launching in a B200 M5 Blade. When I am trying to launch the console without the service profile, I can get to the console normally, whereas when I am launching the console post association of service profile. I am getting the blank page in the console which is not helping further to perform OS installation on the HW. Please can someone help me with this issue.

Blade Model and its running version: B200 M5 with 4.2(3g)B

Attached the Blank Page I am seeing.

5 Replies 5

marcoperson250
Level 1
Level 1

Here are some steps you should try: this may be helpful for you

1. Verify Service Profile Configuration
  2. Update Firmware
  3. Browser Compatibility
  4. Network Configuration
  5. Console Connection Parameters
  6. Security Policies
  7. Hardware Resource Allocation
  8. Logs and diagnostics
  9. Vendor Support
  10. Alternative Access Methods

Thanks 

Hi, 

As I am facing with only one blade in the environment whereas other servers with the same firmware and environment are working good as expected.

1. Verify Service Profile Configuration: Derived a new Service Profile from the same template and tried but no luck and also other servers in the same template working fine with no issues.
  2. Update Firmware: Tried upgrade to 4.2(3i), but no luck.
  3. Browser Compatibility: as other servers are working fine on the same browser where the affected does not. Also running my chrome in higher version (Version 120.0.6099.111) provided in the release notes.
  4. Network Configuration: KVM IP is reachable and configured as OOO and also other servers are working fine which are off same subnet. Also tried changing the KVM IP by giving static IP, but no luck.
  5. Console Connection Parameters: What are the parameters, please specify if any??
  6. Security Policies:  What are these? Dont know how to check 
  7. Hardware Resource Allocation: What are these? Dont know how to check 
  8. Logs and diagnostics: TAC has reviewed logs but could not provide any concrete/direct solution yet and still in progress.
  9. Vendor Support: Opened a case with Cisco Support team. 
  10. Alternative Access Methods: What are they?

Did TAC resolve this issue? What was the solution?

BrianKLee
Level 1
Level 1

I put in a TAC case myself and for future reference the fix for mine was this.

Under chassis view, go to the server. Just above the link to open the KVM view, click recover server. Pick reset KVM and ok, then recover server again and reset CIMC. A minute or so after those reset the KVM was all good again.

I have replaced the Motherboard which solves the issue for me along with TAC troubleshooting's.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card