cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Logging on to 1000V from 1010 Appliance

bear21
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to log onto my backup 1000V by logging into the CIMC, then running "connect host" to get to the 1010 application on the standby box. So far, so good and I successfully log into the 1010. Then I run "login virtual-service-blade vsm-1" and I just get the following prompt:  ir-gsf28-fdf-s130a(standby)# login virtual-service-blade vsm-1 Telnet escape character is '$'. Trying 127.1.0.18... Connected to 127.1.0.18. Escape character is '$'.  and nothing further happens. I hit return and nothing further happens. I did this yesterday and it hung after awhile. I can't get into it today at all. I checked on the active and ran the "show system redundancy status" command and it sees the standby in standby mode. Can anyone tell me how to unhang this so I can log in? The less impacting, the better.  Thanks  AndyW

1 Reply 1

akushwah
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like you are logged into standby Nexus1010. The VSB deployed on standby Nexus1010 is either stuck or the serial port. I suspect serial port stuck.

How to recover:

Log on to active Nexus1010 and log on to VSB on active Nexus1010 deployed in HA to check the ha staus.

Shut VSB on standby Nexus1010 and power on again to see if that helps to recover.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card