cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mouse not responding on C210 M2 RAID Configuration Screen

terran0925
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone experieced having their mouse and keyboard not being responsive when they get into the LSI MegaRAID configuration screen after hitting Ctrl H?  I noticed that the keyboard and mouse doesn't respond when I use the console cable so I went ahead and setup CIMC with an IP so I can launch the KVM console from remote but I still get the same problem.  I've already tried updating the firmware from 1.2a to 1.2b but still can't seem to get it to work.  The attached screenshot is where the mouse and keyboard becomes non responsive.

6 Replies 6

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Terence,

Have you updated the BIOS to the latest?  -> 1.2.1a

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283001983&flowid=7214&softwareid=282911017&release=1.2.1a&rellifecycle=&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=latest

Also try to toggle the "Legacy USB Support" option in the BIOS.

Regards,

Robert

Hi Robert,

Sorry about the late reply as I didn't get to look at this but I did find some time after the holidays and it looks like updating the BIOS version from 1.2.1a to 1.2.2f and the CIMC from 1.2(1b) to 1.2(2d) fixed the problem.  I doubt the firmware version is what caused this because if it did, many more people would have had the same problem.  My guess is that the updating of the firmware probably changed some setting I don't know about.

Thanks.

Glad to hear you're all fixed up.  Any chance you changed any of the BIOS default settings?  Updating the BIOS would have revereted everything to the defaults.

Regards,

Robert

I thought long and hard while troubleshooting the issue and the only setting I could think of was the "legacy usb support" but

I recall changing that back to enable but still couldn't get the mouse or keyboard to respond.  I think I'm going to do a test tomorrow to see if disabling it would recreate the problem because I noticed that the setting actually causes problems with booting mounted ISOs to the virtual CDROM drive.  Here's a post I wrote a few weeks back about it: http://terenceluk.blogspot.com/2010/12/problems-booting-cisco-ucs-server.html

Hi Robert,

I just went ahead to toggle the "Legacy USB Support" to disabled and it looks like it was the culprit in causing the mouse and keyboard to become non-responsive.  I probably remembered incorrectly about changing that setting during troubleshooting.

That's what I suspected.  Thanks for confirming back Terence!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card