cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving Boot from local disk B series from one set of FI's to another set of FI's

markcole
Level 1
Level 1

We are moving the chassis and blade to a new DC , on to a new set of FI , the existing set of FI are staying live with other chassis in the existing DC.

How do you do it , without destroying the OS on the Blades as they have internal disks, when chassis and blades  is removed from first set of FI.

Do I need to export service policies from first set of FI and import them into the new FI, and assign those SP to the Blades when the chassis is added to the new FI 

When removing the blades from the First set of FI , do i click remove or decommission , am worried that the blades get scrubbed some how in the process

would following work 

1. export Service Profiles from FI

2. decommission chassis from First set of FI

3 add chassis to new FI

4. import Service Profiles to new FI

5. insert blades 

6. apply Service policies to blades 

Cheers for any pointers or info

1 Reply 1

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mark

This is a tricky task.

UCS global service profiles, which reference global pools were invented to exactly do what you try to achieve. This is all based on UCS Central.

If you didn't do this upfront, you have a problem. There is no offically supported export / import service profile functionality.

Scrub policy for disks is by default set to NO; therefore if you didn't change it, no problem.

Are you using classical FC ? If not, I would just create a template on the new UCS domain, which is exactly the same as on the old domain; you would reference the UUID and MAC pools which already exist there. Then you create SP from this template, and associate it with the moved chassis / blades.

Good luck

Walter.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card