Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to access UCS CLI through Admin account using Putty

andyblada1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guru's

While accessing UCS thro putty i am getting access denied message for local admin account.

GUI is accessible but not CLI.  LDAP is configured in my UCS infra .

To troubleshoot i want login into CLI thro putty but getting access denied message then and there.

Am i missing something. i don't want to use my LDAP account which has limited access.

Cheers!!

Andy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Finally it worked !!

Native authentication for the UCS GUI is set to default to LDAP accounts. i.e. Use this Domain name for LDAP users at the time web console login.

Native authentication for CLI access is set to default to local accounts . i.e. Use this Domain name for local users at the time CLi login.

Hence, I choose the domain name which is given for local. in my case it is local-FI.

So i used syntax  : ucs-local-FI\admin and then the password in next line & it went through.

Cheers

Andy!!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is LDAP configured as native authentication? Try to login using "ucs-local\admin" and see if you have any success.

Hi Wes,

Yes, native authentication is configured. i tried ucs-local\admin but no avail.

Refer attached screenshot of access denied message.

Cheers 

Andy!!

Finally it worked !!

Native authentication for the UCS GUI is set to default to LDAP accounts. i.e. Use this Domain name for LDAP users at the time web console login.

Native authentication for CLI access is set to default to local accounts . i.e. Use this Domain name for local users at the time CLi login.

Hence, I choose the domain name which is given for local. in my case it is local-FI.

So i used syntax  : ucs-local-FI\admin and then the password in next line & it went through.

Cheers

Andy!!

arahman234
Level 1
Level 1

I always use 'ssh ucs-local\\admin@UCSM_FQDN' to connect as local admin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card