Helpful
Replies

Problem setting up disjointed L2 network

robdog01
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone experienced the following?

Running UCS 2.1(1a):

When adding a new pair of uplinks (one per FI) to a new L2 disjointed network, existing servers (and VMs in our case) were disconnected and unreachable until the configuration was rolled back - had to disable the new uplinks..  It seems that that the existing traffic began traversing the new uplinks, but this is not confirmed.  Although I did pin a new VLAN to the new uplinks, I think that some of the existing traffic might have started traversing the uplinks before I finished the configuration.

Another possibility is that the existing VLAN configurations don't specify any Native VLANs - is it possible that when the new Uplinks were created and no Native VLAN was defined, that that might have caused a problem?

Any suggestions?

In the meantime, I'm going to attempt the configuration again with a sniffer on the new uplink ports to see if we're receiving existing traffic on them...

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

robdog01
Level 1
Level 1
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card