Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with backplane B

noc.datafort
Level 1
Level 1

hello everybody

i hope anyone could help me. So we pulled blade out from one chassis, put it in in another one. 

Blade has discovered well, but the problem is it has onle connect to A IO module. 2 backplane ports on A`s backplane are accossiated with this blade. 

but on B backplane thereis no links from blade. And aslo at VIF path tab there is onle one path to A. 

i guess its the main reason, i cant associate server profile with blade. it says there no enouth vNICs and vHBA. 

how to solve this problem? 

thx

blade 420M3

vic 1240

chassis 5108 AC2 

4 Replies 4

pranavgu
Level 1
Level 1

Basically the error not enough vNics and vHBA points out to the face that the backplane port of the IOM module B is down. The adapter connection with the IOM B is not done properly.

You try the following workaround below to fix the issue.

1. Take the blade out and re-insert it again or basically reseat the blade so that the connections with the VIC adapter can be made properly with the IOM module.

2. If the issue is not getting resolved try to put the blade is a different chassis slot. It might be possible that the particular backplane port of the IOM might have got faulty and require RMA.

Let me know if the issue gets resolved afterwards or not.

unfortunatly re-inserting didnt work.
newertheless re-inserting into another chassis, was sucessful. Vic card connected to A and B iom backplane.

Is there is a way to somehow manualy connect vic to B iom? by cli may be.
reseting iom in not an option, because there are another baldes work in production.

Any other ideas maybe?

Unfortunately manual command is not there to connect it as per my knowledge... You can check if the other slots of the chassis are working or not.

If the IOM ports are not coming up by doing all sorts of troubleshooting then probably the RMA would be required. Would recommend opening a TAC case for the same.

We had this issue and after trying various things that did not work (reacknowledge without decommissioning, which is faster than decom & reack, and disassociate SP and re-associate).

Decommissioning and reacknowledging the blade cleared all path errors.

If it did not work, we would try reinserting into same or different slot.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card