Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about building a C240 M5 Server

BrianDougherty
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

We have just recently changed hardware providers going to Cisco servers from HP. 

I have been tasked with configuring a C240 M5 server for Windows 2016.

This is my first time building a Cisco server and I seem to be running into a couple of issues. 

1.  During the OS install, it is not seeing the drivers for the hard disks.  Going back to HP world, I made sure that the firmware wa up to date and also was able to map and browse to the iso for the drivers.  Found an .inf file, but still no joy.   I am looking to make sure I have the correct drivers installed that go with Windows 2016, or just that I have all the correct drivers installed.

2.  Also, I will attach the ISO from within the KVM session, but the option in the boot menu for that is not available.  I have changed the boot mode from UEFI to Legacy.

Any information would be appreciated. Like I said, I am newbie to these model servers.

Thank You

Brian Dougherty

Brian Dougherty

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Can you confirm that other ISOs (i.e. ESXi) also don't boot from the F6 boot menu?

You will probably need to mount the Driver ISO (or extract the folder you need from it and use the KVM utility to create image file that can be mounted) to get the Windows install to see your raid controller based raid volumes.

But obviously you need to get the Windows installer ISO to correctly mount.

Have you tried both java and HTML5 vKVM versions with mounting the ISO?

If you previous had the Boot mode in UEFI, did you happen to notice if the F6 boot menu reference a UEFI vKVM DVD?

Are you using any 4Kn sector drives or a virtual boot drive over 2TB that will require you to use UEFI?

Thanks,

Kirk...

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Can you confirm that other ISOs (i.e. ESXi) also don't boot from the F6 boot menu?

You will probably need to mount the Driver ISO (or extract the folder you need from it and use the KVM utility to create image file that can be mounted) to get the Windows install to see your raid controller based raid volumes.

But obviously you need to get the Windows installer ISO to correctly mount.

Have you tried both java and HTML5 vKVM versions with mounting the ISO?

If you previous had the Boot mode in UEFI, did you happen to notice if the F6 boot menu reference a UEFI vKVM DVD?

Are you using any 4Kn sector drives or a virtual boot drive over 2TB that will require you to use UEFI?

Thanks,

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card