Views
Helpful
Replies

Searching for MTBF values for UCS C240 M4 server

costaspal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello people !

Has anybody come across any MTBF values table for UCS C Series servers or specifically, C240 M4 ?

I can't find any...

Thanx in advance.

Costas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Costas

Typically Cisco doesn't post MTBF specs publicly for several reasons:

1. Components such as power supplies, memory, and even CPU's can vary over the life of the product depending on suppliers, inventories, purchase dates, etc.
  2. Some of the requests here are for bundles – the MTBF can change by adding components, and I don't think we have one for every possible combination of configurations of the ISR G2.

Usually this type of information is provided by Cisco Sales Engineers or their Cisco Partner equivalents.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Costas

Typically Cisco doesn't post MTBF specs publicly for several reasons:

1. Components such as power supplies, memory, and even CPU's can vary over the life of the product depending on suppliers, inventories, purchase dates, etc.
  2. Some of the requests here are for bundles – the MTBF can change by adding components, and I don't think we have one for every possible combination of configurations of the ISR G2.

Usually this type of information is provided by Cisco Sales Engineers or their Cisco Partner equivalents.

Hello Walter.

Thanx for replying.

Your point - about the product's modularity - makes sense.   It would be nice though for this to be stated someplace (if it really is a policy) so that we can use it at client RFP's - since they ask for it...

If what you state is true Cisco's Sales Engineers shouldn't have this info either - this info should not exist.

Regards

Costas

Hi Costas

Cisco has of course MTBF Information; initially this are theoretical calculations, after release of a product, TAC cases and RMA's gives a more realistic value.

Cisco SE (or TAC engineers) have usually access to this Information.

Walter.

OK Walter.

I'll try to verify that with local Cisco team.

Costas

Hello Walter

You were right.

I had to contact PDI Helpdesk and open a case there in order to get the numbers and they did ask for the exact BoM.

Thanx for your input.

Costas

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card