cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

set boot image for UCS-FI-M-6324

cinterloper
Level 1
Level 1

I have formatted and installed new firmware on a UCS Fabric Interconnect 6324.

Whenever the system is power cycled, I get the 

loader>

prompt and have to manually issue the boot command for the kickstart image.

How can I configure the system to automatically load the kickstart image and then the system image?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

danietho
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you rebuild the FI manually?

Have you tried to "Activate" the firmware in the "Installed Firmware" tab? That is typically the resolution for your scenario. In this "Installed Firmware" tab, this scenario would show a "Running-Version" value in its respective column, and the "Startup Version" column would be empty.

Let me know if this works for you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check this article : http://terenceluk.blogspot.com/2015/06/recovering-cisco-ucs-fabric.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

danietho
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you rebuild the FI manually?

Have you tried to "Activate" the firmware in the "Installed Firmware" tab? That is typically the resolution for your scenario. In this "Installed Firmware" tab, this scenario would show a "Running-Version" value in its respective column, and the "Startup Version" column would be empty.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thank you, this worked for me

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card