cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

setting up network after installing Windows Server 2016 on B series blade via SAN boot

lasdcisco
Level 1
Level 1

i just finished installing Windows server 2016 on one of the B series blade and now trying to set up network configurations.  during the OS install, when it prompted me for VIC driver, i loaded the storage VIC, i also notice there's a network version of VIC in the same ISO, do i need to install that now to enable the NICs?  if so, how?  i'm reading the documentation, it says i can right click on the Ethernet or Fibre Channel device and choose update driver, not sure how to do that.

2 Replies 2

lasdcisco
Level 1
Level 1

in another word, how do i setup server's IPv4?  because right now there's nothing showing when i trying to change the network adapter setting.

Yes, you will need to install the enic driver (ethernet) which is found on the same ISO that you got the fnic driver (fibre channel) Check out this link for info on installing drivers in Windows: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-manager/116349-technote-product-00.html#anc25

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card