Views
Helpful
Replies

Setup of Vmedia failed

jhtralleta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

We are setting up a new UCS Mini, with 2 B200 M4. We acknowledge already the chassis, and both servers stuck on 44% at FSM with vmedia failed. We already did rebooting the FIs.

6 Replies 6

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

I would be easier to look at UCSM logs and see what the underlying communication issue is (end point unavailable).  

Make sure the UCSM version you are running, and blade firmware support what ever proc's are installed.

You'll probably need to open a TAC case if dcom/re-ack of the server's didn't resolve.

Kirk...

Thanks for the respose kirk,

Yes, we already did reacknowledge/decommission and recommission the servers, but the same problem occurred.  we updated the firmware based on the Cisco UCS compatibility matrix.

Thanks,

Henri.

Did you find a resolution?

Can you try to remove the blade from the chassis and re-seat it or try another slot and see if the problem persist?

I am having this same issue and just came across this thread.  The troubled blade sat in slot 2.  I have tried the decom/re-ack and nothing changed.  I moved the blade from slot 2 to slot 5 and the problem still remains.  I hope someone can assist with this.

SOLVED: I was able to get this resolved and have the chassis discover the blade again.  I was able to apply my SP and get it back online.  To fix this I upgraded the FI's Kernel and System Version to match the B-series fw package.  Previously, I only upgraded UCSM and not the FI fw.  Hope this helps someone

Great tip

Got everything solved with 3.2(1d)A version! Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card