Views
Helpful
Replies

Supressing Alerts in UCS Manager

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi experts,

I have just deployed a Hyperflex cluster that uses the 4 port VIC 1457 interface card. Only two of the ports (1 & 3) are connected to the Fabric Interconnects as per these instructions.

But UCS Manager now reports a Major error.  The error is also reflected in Intersight.

Major,F0209,206667,sys/rack-unit-1/adaptor-1/ext-eth-4,link-down,1573535465000,Adapter uplink interface 1/1/4 link state: unavailable. Please verify connectivity to Fabric Interconnect. Acknowledging FEX might be required.
   Major,F0209,206669,sys/rack-unit-1/adaptor-1/ext-eth-2,link-down,1573535465000,Adapter uplink interface 1/1/2 link state: unavailable. Please verify connectivity to Fabric Interconnect. Acknowledging FEX might be required.

How can a Hyperlfex System, when cabled in a supported configuration, report a MAJOR error? I am DUMFOUNDED that bug CSCvp71363 reports this as "faults seem to be cosmetic" - with NO workaround.

To me, I read this as Cisco saying to all HX Customers who have completed their install as per the instructions for a supported install "you'll just have to put up with a major fault showing. Don't worry about it, it's only cosmetic" - which can be extropolated to a more damaging headline Cisco tells customers to ignore major faults.

This is NOT a headline I want to see and have to defend with my customers.

So experts. Is bug CSCvp71363 wrong? Is there a way of suppressing the fault for these two ports? I realise that I can supress faults for the whole node, but that is an even worse scenario.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.
1 Reply 1

amarino2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The defect shows "Status: Fixed" so you can add yourself to Notifications on the defect and get updated when there is a Known Fixed Release published.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card