Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS boot order is not respected

spremel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are facing an issue where we have multiple bootable OS installed on the local LUN and the external USB key.

We are trying to boot on either one of them using the appropriate boot order with a boot policy, but the server keeps booting on the same device no matter the boot order. Supposedly, it seems the server boots on the last OS it has booted successfully on.

Are we doing something wrong or is there some limitation when configuring boot order policy ?

It is to be mentioned that we are booting using Legacy boot mode. We have also seen there are settings in the BIOS to configure the boot order. Are they supposed to be in sync with the configured boot policy (does not appear so) ? Which one of them should we use ?

We are using Cisco UCS B200 M5 2 Socket Blade Server with UCS version 4.0(4g), and the BIOS version is B200M5.4.1.2a.0.0624200115.

Thank you

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Review this thread : https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-computing-system-discussions/unable-to-set-ucsm-boot-order-rules-to-loose/td-p/3746904

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi marce1000,

Thank you for your reply.

I am not sure the provided thread is relevant to my issue as I am using Legacy Boot, not UEFI boot.

The thread is however referring to a way to configure boot order to strict or loose mode. That could explain my observation on boot not being respected, but I have seen no such settings.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card