Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS BW Monitoring

dani_bosch
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In UCS Manager one can monitor the %BW of certain interfaces like the physical interfaces of the Fabric Interconnects. That's ok but is not very useful in my opinion because they're just instantaneous figures...you do NOT get any AVERAGE %BW statistic or any way to have historical data of the whole day or the last week, or graphs or something like this...

Therefore I can't really monitor the BW of my UCS.

Could you confirm that I'm not wrong? Any alternatives (sutes, tools, etc.) to do this basic monitoring?

Thanks a lot,

2 Replies 2

dani_bosch
Level 1
Level 1

Any inputs on that????

You could use free tools like MRTG to monitor the historical Bandwidth on Network and FC Uplinks, Connections to the IOM and Server NICs. Please find the white paper attached which explains steps to configure and use.

In the UCSM Manager you can configure collections policies in Admin Tab Under Stats Management for devices, ports and look at the graphs by selecting the statistics of these devices or ports.

The future releases of the UCSM might have capability to monitor different UCSMs which are geographically seperated, stay tuned for it!

Warm Regards,

Madhu.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card