cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C200 M2 System/Memory Fault Status LEDs

kvekaria
Level 1
Level 1

We have just recieved C200 M2 servers with 32GB Ram (4*8GB). One of the server is giving out fault status through the front LEDs. Two LEDs are glowing orange - System Fault LED and Memory Fault LED. First two days, the servers were getting hanged overnight and we had to restart it in the morning. Since last two days servers are working OK but these LEDs are glowing continuously.

We would like to know the exact reasons for these LEDs glowing and still the system is working. How to shut those LEDs? If any body has come across such error message, please discuss the remedial actions carried out by them.

TIA

Kishore

PS. I have attached the photo of the serever LEDs glowing.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Kishore,

Please SSH into CIMC and provide us the following output.

show version

scope chassis

show dimm

show dimm-summary

Does the memory capacity reported by OS match the installed memory capacity ?

I would also suggest you to open a TAC service request with CIMC show tech support bundle to further investigate the behavior.

Padma

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Kishore,

Please SSH into CIMC and provide us the following output.

show version

scope chassis

show dimm

show dimm-summary

Does the memory capacity reported by OS match the installed memory capacity ?

I would also suggest you to open a TAC service request with CIMC show tech support bundle to further investigate the behavior.

Padma

Thanks Padma.

We had instructed field engineers to check the memory modules as we suspected that during the transporation, they might have gone loose. It was observed the same way and engineer has resolved the issue after re-pressing the memory modules.

However, your instructions metnioned above would be the best output to be submitted to TAC  support.

Thanks and regards.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card