Level 5

Can we login as root on a UCS c220m3? or any UCS c       

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Mike,

The defult username is "admin" (default password is password) for ALL our C series servers but you can also create an account with the username "root" in case this is a matter of keeping consistency in regards to usernames in different Operating Systems, however you also need to keep in mind the security risk behind doing that.

Bottom line, you may login as root but you will need to create and activate that account in CIMC.

Let me know if you have any other specific question in regards to this.

-Rate ALL helpful answers.

Kenny

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Mike,

The defult username is "admin" (default password is password) for ALL our C series servers but you can also create an account with the username "root" in case this is a matter of keeping consistency in regards to usernames in different Operating Systems, however you also need to keep in mind the security risk behind doing that.

Bottom line, you may login as root but you will need to create and activate that account in CIMC.

Let me know if you have any other specific question in regards to this.

-Rate ALL helpful answers.

Kenny

Keny one of my peerd found an issue that required root access to write a small script as well as to delete some files that can only accessed and that need root permissions.

I wasn't sure or not if we could use root creditinals

Thank you

Sure Mike!

If I answered your question, please mark it as such so we keep track of non-answered questions, in the other hand if there is any other doubt I can help with, please let me know.

-Kenny

Sorry I was off due to a personal med issue.

I will verify but since this your prod i will acept answe

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card