Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C220 M3 Server Support SAS9212-4i4e

prashant3110c
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have UCS C220 M3 Server and IBM DS3200 storage. The storage box has SAS controller.  IBM storage using for data storage and backup purpose. We are planning to connect UCS Server to IBM storage through SAS cable. We have LSI SAS9212-4i4e. We have inserted in Slot 2 in Server. Is this LSI card support to UCS Server? If yes, please let me know how to configure because it is not detecting his firmware in PCI Adapters of CIMC management port. We have tried interchange 

If no, please suggest which LSI card will be best for our configuration. How will be configured as per above scenario? 

1 Reply 1

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

The only officially supported PCI cards are listed in the spec sheet at http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c-series-rack-servers/c220m3-sff-specsheet.pdf

which does not include the 9212 card.

The M4 servers do have some tested cards with external connections for external storage, but not the M3s.

You would need to manage/configure the 9212 firmware with LSI/Broadcom provided utilities, as the C220M3 HUU/firmware ISO won't contain firmware for unsupported cards, and I wouldn't expect the CIMC to provide much information for cards not tested with it.

If you enable the option ROM for the PCI slot (#2 it sounds like), the 9212 option ROM should load, and hopefully give you a utility (i.e. WebBios) that will allow you to check for attached storage/drives, and create supported raid volumes.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card