We have a scenario here, which EMC support claim that they've see this elsewhere.
There is 1 units of CISCO UCS B200 M1 (Palo) with 4 Blades connecting to CISCO Fabric Interconnect 6120XP.
CISCO Fabric Interconnect 612XP has configured with UPLINK to Brocade Switch 5100B.
Meanwhile, VNX5300 is connecting to Brocade Switch 5100B.
1. WWN of the Storage and Blades appear on SAN Switches
2. Zoning between 4 Blades and VNX5300 done, initiator of Blades is not appear in UNISPHERE.
3. Have to manually registered initiator for the Blades in the Unisphere
4. Assign LUNS (VNX5300) to the Blades. Blades detected the LUNS.
5. Installed ESX on boot LUNS. But when we wanted to boot up the ESX host, it shows LUN not detected & can’t boot-up the ESX host.
Highlighted issue and concern as below:
1. Why WWN of the Blades not appear on UNISPHERE?
2. Why during ESX boot up, LUN is not detected?
Any suggestion..? Thanks!