cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS FI: "Mgmt IP conflicts with the IP Pool Configuration" on setup (after erase configuration)

tonybourke
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a pair of Fabric Interconnects (6248s) that I can't get configured because of an error I've never seen before. This is a pair that's setup/torn down quite a bit, so I've done this setup dozens of times. But this is the first time this has happened. Google shows no hits for this particular error. I'm at a loss. 

Enter the configuration method. (console/gui) ? console
Installer has detected the presence of a peer Fabric interconnect. This Fabri interconnect will be added to the cluster. Continue (y/n) ? yes

Enter the admin password of the peer Fabric interconnect:

Connecting to peer Fabric interconnect... done

Retrieving config from peer Fabric interconnect... done

Peer Fabric interconnect Mgmt0 IP Address: X.X.X.51

Peer Fabric interconnect Mgmt0 IP Netmask: 255.255.255.0

Cluster IP address          : X.X.X.50

Physical Switch Mgmt0 IPv4 address : X.X.X.52

Mgmt IP X.X.X.52 conflicts with the IP Pool configuration. Please re-enterIP.

Physical Switch Mgmt0 IPv4 address :

I've wiped both FIs independently with "erase configuration", even stood them up as two individual systems, erased them, and tried to join them again. I keep getting this error about IP pool configuration. There shouldn't be an IP pool, because the entire configuration should have been wiped. 

3 Replies 3

Justin Welch
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

You are most likely hitting this bug:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCue48076/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Hope this helps,

Justin

I don't think so. That bug seems to reference an existing IP pool. These are wiped systems, so no IP pools exist. At least, the workaround wouldn't apply. 

Tony,

For arguments sake have you attempted initial setup using the GUI versus the console? What version of firmware is running on each FI?

If using the GUI doesn't please try using a completely different block of IP addresses in the configuration. Also, have you attempted to make FI A primary and then join B as the cluster and vice versa?

Keep me informed as to the status.

Thanks,

justin

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card