cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS FI6248UP Inoperable

beyondflier
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem on a UCS6248UP on which we have no more support.Following a power failure, I have the Fabric Interconnect A which has an overall Status: Inoperable.When I execute individual commands, the following error occurs:
Software Error: Exception during execution: [Error: Timed out communicating with DME]

Here is the relevant information:
FI-6248-A(local-mgmt)# show cluster extended-state

Cluster Id: 0xad2fb2ac322f11e8-0x8da200defbd78041

Start time: Mon Sep 11 12:32:19 2023

A: FAILED LINK INAPPLICABLE

B: FAILED LINK INAPPLICABLE

A: memb state UP, lead state INAPPLICABLE, mgmt services state: FAILED_LINK

B: memb state UNKNOWN, lead state INAPPLICABLE, mgmt services state: FAILED_LINK

heartbeat state SECONDARY_REQUEST_ACKNOWLEDGED

INTERNAL NETWORK INTERFACES:

eth1, DOWN

eth2, DOWN

HA NOT READY

Peer Fabric Interconnect is down

Waiting for device to come online.

Device count, expected: 2, discovered: 1

Detailed state of the device selected for HA storage:

Chassis 2, serial: FOXXXXXXX, state: active

FI-6248-B# show cluster extended-state

Cluster Id: 0xad2fb2ac322f11e8-0x8da200defbd78041

Start time: Mon Sep 11 12:33:04 2023

Last election time: Mon Sep 11 12:39:54 2023

B: UP, PRIMARY

A: DOWN, INAPPLICABLE

B: memb state UP, lead state PRIMARY, mgmt services state: UP

A: memb state DOWN, lead state INAPPLICABLE, mgmt services state: DOWN

heartbeat state SECONDARY_FAILED

INTERNAL NETWORK INTERFACES:

eth1, DOWN

eth2, DOWN

HA NOT READY

Peer Fabric Interconnect is down

Waiting for device to come online.

Device count, expected: 2, discovered: 1

Detailed state of the device selected for HA storage:

Chassis 1, serial: FOXXXXXXX, state: inactive

Chassis 2, serial: FOXNNNNNN, state: active

3 Replies 3

It seems that your Fabric Interconnect is experiencing a problem following a power failure. To rectify this, there are steps that you can typically take but since I couldn't find the specific solution in your case, I recommend checking the Cisco UCS Faults and Error Messages Reference Guide, Release 3.1. This contains detailed troubleshooting steps and resolutions for different faults and errors encountered on Cisco UCS systems.

For general steps:

1. Confirm all cabling is properly connected and secure.
2. Reboot the Fabric Interconnect and monitor if the status changes.
3. Check the status of the power supply units (PSUs). If a PSU failed, replace it.
4. If possible, power off unused blade servers and rack servers to reduce power load.

If the problem persists, you may need to reach out to a Cisco technical support or a experienced professional for further assistance. Since you mentioned that you don't have support anymore, I'd recommend finding a local network expert to help.

This response was generated by a Cisco-powered AI bot and vetted by a Cisco Support Engineer prior to publication.
This is part of a monitored experiment to see if the bot can help answer questions alongside community members. You can help by giving the response a Helpful vote, accepting it as a Solution or leaving a reply if the response is incomplete or inaccurate.

I have resolved this issue because two internal cables are not connected, and now there is another issue with my VIF connection being abnormal.

josoneal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Beyond,

Check faults being seen on UCSM. 
Check pmon state, if any pmon state is showing failed, you will need to perform pmon restart in cli. Commands:'pmon stop' 'pmon start'. You may also reboot the fabric interconnect to recover pmon resources.

Regards, 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card